Exterior Help






Important Reminder: Check to see whether the service provider (plumber, handyman/woman, painters - or anyone else who comes to do work in your home) is licensed and if s/he carries insurance. Many co-ops and condos require this.  Even if you are not bound to board rules, if a worker gets hurt in your home or does damage, you can be protected if the worker has insurance. You are protecting yourself when you pay a little extra money for a licensed service provider.  In the end, cheap labor can end up being very expensive when something goes wrong.

If you want to check the licensing status of a service provider, you can search the Department of Consumer Affairs website.