10. There are 7 playgrounds at the park. Playground water features are generally turned on when it gets to 80 degrees in the daytime from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
9. You need a permit to have a gathering of more than 25 folks.
8. There are more than 30,000 trees in Prospect Park; the oldest of them is 300 years old (Fallen Black Oak on Elephant Hill).
7. You can have your Birthday Parties at the Carousel, Lakeside, the Lefferts Historic House & Tennis Center.
6. There are at least 18 species of fish and more than 200 species of birds in Prospect Park. Learn more at the Audubon Center.
5. There are lots and lots of volunteer opportunities to make Prospect Park even better.
4. The park is home to 50 species of butterflies and 25 species of dragonflies.
3. The Litchfield Villa (the big house next to the 3rd Street Playground) is open to the public Monday-Friday from 9 am until 5 pm,
2. The entire inner roadway of the Park is 3.45 miles(5.55k).
1. The carousel is open April to October.