FIRST AND FOREMOST, all the members who lightened the load of a parent who was struggling by taking the time to respond to a question or simply offer support to someone on Park Slope Parents.
- Everyone who organized a baby group, career, or specialty group meetup. Since there were over 350 events this year, there are a lot of you!
- All the babies, toddlers, children, tweens, teens, and grownup kids for being so amazing (and also so awful sometimes), and for bringing us all together.
- Anyone who donated their clothes and gear to the PSP Clothing Swaps so other folks could get super cool, awesome items – (NOTE: the next swap is March 2nd!)
- All the caregivers, nannies, babysitters, daycare centers, childcare cooperatives, family members, neighbors, teachers, after school programs, teaching artists, sing along leaders, and camp counselors who take care of and teach our children when we're not there.
- Everyone who posted a shout-out to a neighborhood business that made their lives easier and better.
- All of you who bought gifts for folks in need or donated to our non-profit partners Little Essentials.
- Special gratitude for the PSP Medical Liaison Dr. Philippa Gordon who helped keep us healthy and calm.
- Special shout out to Joyce Szuflita from NYC School Help, PSP Education Liaison, who helped keep us focused and informed during the Pre-School, PreK, Kindergarten, Middle School, and High School process.
Our SUPER DUPER PSP Volunteers:
- Poker Papas: Ryan DeLorge
- Single Parents by Choice Superheroine: Eliza Gallo
- Working Moms Mavens: Nadia Gaya, Amy Leipziger, & Elena Tate
- LGBTQ Halloween Party Organizers: Chris Phillips & Melissa Madzel
- Motherless Mothers Motivator: Melissa Chernofsky
- Clothing Swap Goddesses: Amy Leipziger, Cathy He, Joanna Drusin & Linda Wong along with 80 other volunteers
- Back to Workshop Panel: Sara Stanich, Susana Martinez-Conde & Emily McIntyre
- Writers Group Motor: Sara Marques
- Data Geeker: Avinash Kaza
- Vegan Potluck Powerhouse: Amy August
- Book Club Curator: Katie Stefanski
- Grandparents Group Genie: Judy Boyle Stein
- Cookbook Club Connoisseur: Kristin Schieback
- The Park Slope Parents Green Group who helped us be more green in 2018
- Adoptive Families Meetup Organizer: Dawn Eshelman
- Stay at Home Parents Genius Lucy Schanzer for doing field trips
- Our new Swedish Group inspired by Jesper Maag
- Sandy Lin who helped everyone have a happier Lunar New Year
- The dads who served as “in the trenches” dads at Dad 411
- And many more we have probably overlooked! You are appreciated too!
- Birth Day Presence for hosting our Expectant Moms and Dad 411 events each month.
- Green-Wood Cemetery for working with us on many wonderful events including stroller tours, scavenger hunts, a motherless mothers meetup, workshops around kids and death, and meaningful experiences every year. Special thanks to Harry Weil, James Henry, Ruth Edebohls, and Derya Mergin.
- The Prospect Park Alliance who welcomed us at Opening Day in Prospect Park, The Halloween Walk, the Summer Movies Under the Stars and helped us with permits for Summer Fridays.
- Brooklyn Music Factory, Brooklyn Game Lab, and Robot Foundry, for hosting Kid/Baby Business Meetups.
- The Park Slope Armory YMCA for hosting Newcomer Meetups.
- The grief counselors and therapists who volunteered their time to help our community heal after the tragic accident on 5th Avenue. Special thanks to Interactive Discovery for their workshop and organizational help.
- All the brilliant people who led workshops for our members from estate planning, divorce education, hiring a nanny, back-to-workshop, to screens & tweens and adolescent development. Bill Cahill, John Yacos, Michael Davidovits, Fara Sussman Jones, and Kari Groff.
- The wonderful artists and musicians who entertained us on Summer and Fall Fridays in the park: Suzi Shelton, The Sparrow Sisters, Ora Fruchter/Yellow Sneaker Puppets, and Yo Re Mi Kids.
- Special shout-out to Jennifer Brilliant for the Cancer Goddesses Yoga Workshop and Marc Goldberg for all the awesome photos of nannies and Santa!.
- All the awesome local venues (and their staff) that hosted our meetups and events: Parish Cocktail Bar, Brookvin, The Douglass, Kings Beer Hall, Abbotsford Road Cafe, Dirty Precious, South Slope Local, Prospect Bar & Grill, Palo Santo, GristMill, Greenwood Park, Threes Brewing, ParkLife, Berg'n, Blue Marble, The Slope Lounge, Krupa Grocery, Calexico, Hey Hey Canteen, Alamo Drafthouse/House of Wax Bar, Pizza Secret, Double Windsor, Black Forest, Hanoi, Du Jour Cafe, Franklin Park, Washington Commons, Whole Foods and many others.
- BIG THANKS to all the businesses who bought advertising to help support our staff and our initiatives.
Local Community Organizations
- The Park Slope Library for hosting our Rock Painting parties, Clothing Swaps, and other Workshops. Special thanks to Emily Heath!
- Brad Lander for safer streets, the middle school diversity initiative, and participatory budgeting to name just a few.
- Bobby Carroll for the free mammogram screenings, leaf bags, flu shots, dyslexia information, and much more!
- All Saints Church for hosting our Kids Clothing Swaps and the PSP LGBTQ Halloween Party.
- Kim Maier and the Old Stone House who partner with us on so many incredible community events and host our Workshops/Panels/Talks, the Halloween Costume Contest, Santa Photos, Spring/Summer Newcomers Events, and Nanny Appreciation Day. They are also the stewards of the amazing JJ Byrne Playground and have helped keep that park beautiful and connect us with lost backpacks, sunglasses, strollers, children, and so much more! Send them a donation today!
- Mark Caserta and Joanna Tallentire from the 5th Avenue BID who helped plan the Summer Strolls, Christmas Tree Lighting, Costume Contest judging, Santa Visits, and so much more! We’re grateful that we can celebrate in our own neighborhood and not tackle the subway on the weekends.
- NCOs Maureen Marzano & Elizabeth Medina from Sector “Boy” as well as all the NCOs in the 78th and 72nd Precincts who helped us get cars moved, take reports, ensure better security for our businesses and homes, and generally feel safer in our community. Shout out for Bubble Cop Vincent Lau!
Happy New Year 2019!
From your team at Park Slope Parents
Rachel: Advertising Angel, helping businesses grow.
Colleen: Groups Guru who can answer questions about how to get the most out of your specialty groups.
Dorothy: Events Goddess helping you plan any event from a baby group meet-up to a career networking night.
Carla: Marketing, Events & Special Projects Magician, spinning marketing and events initiatives into gold.
Sophie: Membership Mama who can help you tame your emails and much more.
Susan: Founder, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer, making all the PSP trains run.