PSP Guide to Organizing a Meet Up
4 EASY STEPS:
1) Send out a Doodle to determine availability Doodle allows you to poll members and get an idea for best available dates for the group. Pick the date based on what works best for the most people (you’ll never be able to get everyone there).
2) Choose a location. PSP has a great list of places to meet in the Recommendations section under Career Help. Or maybe someone is willing to open their home and host. If so, feel free to set a limit of people. If hosting at somone's house, get attendees to bring their own _____ (lunch, appetizer, six-pack).
3) Send out an invitation to your group/. The more the merrier. Remember to include
What you’re meeting about:
Special Guests (if relevant):
(HINT: For people who RSVP yes, send them an invite through Gmail to respond yes there as well. That way they can get reminders and have easy access to the information that you send out.
4) For best participation send out 2 reminders: one 2 days before the event and another the day of the event.
- Download and print our PSP meetup sign. Fold it and place it on the table/bar/area where you are meeting so PSP members can easily find you.
- It’s always helpful to have everyone introduce themselves in 2 minutes or less.
- Find a buddy. You can do one aspect (e.g., RSVPs) and the other can organize the venue.
- If need be, write an agenda to help keep the meeting on track
- If need be, ask the PSP Career Networking group for speaker ideas. Maybe you’d like someone to talk at your event about Social Media, Finance, Insurance - etc.
- Post a follow up about the event, highlighting what worked and connections made. Build from there to possibly a larger group in the future!