Want to join Park Slope Parents?
Park Slope Parents is open to expectant parents and parents with children under 18 in Brooklyn, New York. Park Slope Parents maintains over 100 members-only online groups including our Advice/Community Group, Classifieds Group, pregnancy groups, baby groups, and parenting groups like dads, stay at home parents, and working moms, plus our publicly accessible website with hundreds of pages of crowd-sourced wisdom. For a full list of all the groups available to Park Slope Parents members, go HERE.
We also help organize local family events such as the Spring Fling, Members-Only Clothing Swaps, the Halloween Costume Contest, Summer Fridays, career networking meetups, newcomer events, crafting events, and much more. In total we have about 350 events each year to help you get connected, find awesome pre-loved stuff, advance your career, and find folks with similar interests and backgrounds.
Check out our photo albums for a glimpse of what PSP is all about!
The key benefit is that you have access to thousands of parents who have pledged to support one another. We are a diverse group of families with many different experiences. If you have a question or issue, chances are that other members of our group have dealt with the same or similar issues. We are here to help each other by providing information, support, and suggestions. In addition, membership gives you:
- Access to Park Slope Parents archives, where you can find discussions on topics relevant to all stages of parenting, from pregnancy to college applications
- Access to our over 90 groups, including pregnancy, baby, Advice, Classifieds, language/heritage, and more.
- The PSP Perks Program, which gives special deals, discounts and offers with businesses around Park Slope. You can see a list of participating businesses HERE.
Look for this logo at participating Perks Providers >>>>>
1. Sign up as a new member on our membership site and be sure to tell us which groups you want to join.
- The Advice/Community group is where to find guidance on all aspects of parenting and life in New York.
- The Classifieds is our buy/sell/trade/stoop sales/nannies/house cleaners/rentals group.
- The Career Networking group can help you jump-start a new career, post questions about work to parents who are already facing those tasks, and be informed about new tools and resources.
Want to join one of our Pregnancy or New Parent groups? Once you sign up and get approved, we’ll add you to those groups, guided by the due date or kid birthdate(s) on your application.
We also have specialty groups such as language/heritage groups, fertility groups, tweens/teens, dads, working parents, and more! HERE is a full list of our groups.
2. We'll review your application within 24 hours.
3. Once accepted, you'll receive an email asking you to pay your dues. Our annual membership fee is $55 for new members (renewals are $50) and includes access to our larger groups (Advice/Community, Classifieds, and Career Networking) and the specialty groups you've noted you're interested in.
4. Once you PAY your membership fee (which includes discounts at hundreds of local businesses and services), you'll be added to the groups you requested.
READY TO BECOME A MEMBER OF PSP? GET STARTED BY CLICKING HERE!
OH—and here are some other fun ways to stay connected.
Like us on Facebook