A spa gift certificate
- Gift certificate to a local restaurant
- Gift certificate to a local store or a boutique or shop in the hood that would be a taste match?
- Amazon gift certificate (if you know she shops and goes online)
- A card with a gift card for Barnes and Noble or a Community Bookseller
- Cash, card and a bouquet of flowers.
- In addition to monetary amount, include a custom gift like a photo book with pictures or something your child has made, like decorated pottery (mugs, plates), photo frames, t shirts
- A photo of the kids and the caregiver in a nice frame. You can also have one that the kids have as well so they have one as well.
And here are homemade gift ideas - suggestions from PSP members!
- Usual severance is 2 weeks’ pay after 1 year and an extra week for each year worked after that. So a nanny that worked 2 years would get 3 weeks of pay.
FURTHER READING ON PARK SLOPE PARENTS:
Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only by Park Slope Parents and is not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. We recommend checking with a professional for specific advice.