Elementary School Admissions

The NYC Department of Education website maps out all the steps to applying to Elementary School HERE.

Applying to Kindergarden or PreK? Check out the PSP page HERE.

A list of acceptable documents needed to complete your application can be found on the Registration Information page.

Find your local school by entering your street address HERE.



From the NYC.gov website:


You must bring the following documentation and proof of residency with you when enrolling in a NYC public school.
If you are enrolling in a zoned school, bring the documents to the school.
If you are visiting an Enrollment Office, bring the documents to the office.
Bring your child/children with you when registering.
Chancellor’s Regulation A-101 includes further details about enrolling in an NYC public school.

Required Documents:

Child’s birth certificate or passport as proof of age
Immunization records
Latest report card/transcript (if available)
Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
Required Proof of NYC Residence (any two of the following):*

Utility bill (gas or electric) for the residence issued by National Grid (formerly Keyspan), Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority (for the Rockaways); must be dated within the past 60 days
Water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days
Original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
Current property tax bill for the residence
Official payroll document from an employer (example: payroll receipt); must be dated within the past 60 days
Document or letter from a federal, state, or local government agency indicating the resident’s name and address (example: document from Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)); must be dated within the past 60 days