- Never leave a child unattended near water.
- Infants and toddlers should be no more than an arm's length away.
- Keep eyes peeled. It happens FAST!
- If you can't find your child, look first and FAST in the water.
- Kids go down silently. There is no splashing to alert you.
- Keep basic lifesaving equipment near the pool
- Always empty out a baby pool after use.
- Teach children to never swim alone or without adult supervision.
- Learn CPR. (see PSP member recommendations for classes HERE). CPR Techniques used on kids are different than those for adults.
Further Reading From Around The Web:
Drowning Doesn't Look Like Drowning (from Slate)