Check out the We Are PSP video for a crash course on our community. All we're missing is YOU!
About Park Slope Parents
Park Slope Parents (PSP) is a community of 7000+ families in Brooklyn, NY. Celebrating its 18th anniversary in 2020, its members have shared advice on everything from choosing childcare to camps, hairdressers to healthcare, and coping with teething, terrible twos, and tweens.
- Monthly pregnancy, baby, and toddler groups so parents can share insight and issues about raising same-age kids.
- Specialty groups focused on raising bilingual kids, single parenting, dads, hobbies (knitting, cooking, gardening), SAHPs, tweens/teens, LGBTQ+, Kindergarten, Pre-K, and much more.
- Online support for parents dealing with illness, divorce, and aging parents.
- 20+ career sub-groups (e.g., law, tech, art, marketing, working moms) where members network, meet, mingle, and advance their careers.
Park Slope Parents provides:
- A public website with community resources, local business reviews, and 1000s of parenting tips.
- The PSP Guide to Hiring and Firing a Nanny, including sample work agreements, interview checklists, nanny share info, and compensation guidelines.
- Traveling advice based on parents’ direct experiences, including best practices for flights, motion sickness, passports, and jet lag.
- Tips for going back to work, including negotiating maternity leave, pumping at work, managing the work/life juggle, and more.
PSP is instrumental to the Brooklyn community and has been featured in the NY Times, NPR, New York Magazine, Wall Street Journal, and other media. View all of our press links here.
Other useful links:
- Our Story - Information about our history, moderators, stories written about Park Slope Parents, and more.
- Advertise with Us - The Park Slope Parents website is advertiser supported.
- Get Help - Information, FAQs, and guidelines to help you navigate both our site and our Yahoo! Groups.
- Contact Us - Drop us a line to ask questions, give us feedback, or otherwise say howdy!
- Join PSP - Discover the many benefits of membership, including:
- Access to our large community groups, including lists dedicated to Advice, Classified Ads, and Career Networking.
- Specialty Groups for online and in-person gatherings with people who share your interests, plus our Pregnancy and Baby Groups, which have helped new parents embark on the journey of parenthood for more than a decade.
- How to join:
- Step one: Submit an application HERE. We'll respond quickly—usually within 24 hours.
- Step two: Once your membership is approved, you’ll receive instructions for paying your membership fee.
- Step three: Sign up for the groups you’d like to participate in.
- Already a member and looking for our groups?