If you want to post a message to our PSP Classifieds, here's what's required to making it happen.
FIRST and FOREMOST: You must be a member of Park Slope Parents to post your nanny's availability. To join you must be a parent in Brooklyn. To post about your nanny you must have first-hand experience working with the nanny (as a nanny) you are posting about in order send a message. JOIN Here (NOTE: The process will take 24-36 hours as joining you to the Classifieds is a separate process from becoming a member).
POLICY FOR NANNY POSTS TO THE PSP CLASSIFIEDS (Updated 5-2013)
NOTE: These guidelines help screen inaccurate and fake references that have led to wasted time and energy for all parties. It helps us control the quality of recommendations and act as a filter for unwanted, unsubstantiated advertisements on Park Slope Parents. The best way to find your nanny a job is to take the extra time to do it right. Please go over the checklist, and double check your post, to make sure it meets ALL of the following requirements.
(NOTE: Given the extra work it takes to approve these posts we have a dedicated moderator who handles these. It can take from 24-36 hours to post and if your post does not meet the requirements you should receive an email rejection -- check your spam-- so you know it hasn't posted).
- ONLY First Hand Recommendations are allowed (You may not recommend a relative, friend, someone who worked for someone else or yourself. You may not post for a friend’s nanny.)
- Posts about any nanny are only allowed every two weeks (unless something important has changed). (If there are other employers who want to post, combine the recommendations for extra credibility).
- No nationality allowed in subject line
- You must agree to INTEGRITY POLICY (see below)
CHECKLIST FOR NANNY POSTS
Information about YOU:
- YOUR First/Last name in the signature
- YOUR EMAIL and PHONE. (If you are not willing to act as a reference and take inquiries, you should not use the Classifieds to post a babysitter recommendation.). If you are uncomfortable with a phone, indicate so and we will edit out).
Information about your Nanny:
- NANNY'S First/Last name (plus any other names if you know them).
- Time Period worked including what years (e.g., Spring 2010-Fall 2012)
- Situation worked (full-time, nanny share, kids, kids' ages)
- Availability (days/hours)
- On the Books? On the Books? [Optional] If your nanny is willing to be paid on the books it is a great time-saver for people who are looking for this situation. (It is NOT a good idea to point out a nanny wanting or being willing to be paid OFF the books)
- Your reasons for recommending
- Include in SUBJECT line
- Add [CHILDCARE] to the SUBJECT link
Add “Agree to Integrity Policy”* to the first line of the message if you agree to the terms below.
*Integrity Agreement (by resubmitting and adding “Agree to Integrity Policy” you agree that:
- Your post is an honest representation of your experience with the nanny, not a fabrication or misrepresentation. You attest that what is written is true. (For the sake of the next employer, keep it real).
- You will not forward responses to the recommendation directly to your nanny. You agree to contact the individuals who respond and give your recommendation and let them decide whether to contact your nanny.
- You understand that violations to this agreement may result in you or your Nanny's name being publicized to the membership for their violation and your membership suspended.
NOTE: False recommendations are a Class A misdemeanor known as “False Advertising”, punishable by up to a year in jail, under Section 190.20 of the New York State Penal Law which states in pertinent part “a person is guilty of false advertising when, with intent to promote the sale or to increase the consumption of property or services, he makes or causes to be made a false or misleading statement in any advertising…”
IF you agree to these statements add "AGREE TO INTEGRITY POLICY" on the first line of your email. (It will be kept on file but removed before posting).
Read through the information on How To Find Your Nanny A Job from the PSP Website: bit.ly/UQzUMp.
Melissa, Susan and Dale
The PSP Nanny Moderators