- Working Parents
Nanny Hiring & More
- 2014 Hiring A Nanny Book **NEW**
- The Nanny Work Agreement
- Helping Your Nanny Find a NEW Job
- How to Post for your Nanny on PSP
- Requirements for Nanny Posts
- Firing a Nanny
- Nanny Surveys (2008-2013)
- Paying a Nanny On The Books
- Nanny Payroll Quick Start Guide
- 2014 PSP Guide to a Successful Nanny Share
- Information for Nannies
- Nanny Calculator
Parenting Advice & Tips
- Parenting BIG Stuff
- Classes & Activities
Childcare, Education and Summer Camps
- Travel Advice
- Parents of Tweens
- Seperated, Divorced and Single Parents
- Single Mothers By Choice
- Resources for LGBTQ Parents
- Slope Resources
- Reviews Recommendations
- Help Overview
- Membership Help
- Joining Help
- Groups Help
- Email Help
- How to Advertise on PSP
- How to Place a Commercial Post on PSP's List Serv
- How to Place a Run-of-Site Ad
- How to Place a Category Banner
- How to Send a Dedicated Email to PSP Members
- How to Join the PSP Membership Perks Program
- How to Add your Logo to your PSP Recommendations Listing
- PSP's Advertising & Editorial Disclaimer
- Business Help
- Website Help
- Important Member Communication
Want to post a review of a business/service?
If your review fits the REQUIREMENTS below, send it directly to us and we'll get it posted.
---Business Name and contact information about the business/provider
---Your PSP member ID OR the email address you receive PSP emails (only PSP members may provide reviews, so you must include this)
---Your Unbiased, even tempered Review* (See Recommendations Policy below)
----"Declaration of Integrity" at the top of the email you send (see Below).
PLEASE Allow 2-3 weeks for your review to post through feedback (longer if the recommendation was posted to the PSP Yahoo Group). If it doesn't, please email us again, referencing your prior post.
DECLARATION OF INTEGRITY:
Please include the following statement at the top of your email:
AGREE TO THE DECLARATION OF INTEGRITY…. if you certify that I have no conflict-of-interest in making this entry (I are neither owner/employee/family member/best friend). I realize that false advertising is a Class A misdemeanor (Section 190.20 of the NYS Penal Law) and violations to this declaration may result in myself of the business being publicized for the violation and my membership suspended.
Recommendations should be made by past customers of the business in question based on firsthand experience. In no event should the recommendation be made by the owner, co-workers, a relative, or anyone else with a financial interest in the business or product. Any other personal ties (friendship, former business relationship, etc.) should be made clear in the post.
We ask that you submit reviews and comments that offer information based on your own, firsthand personal experience in the last year. Furthermore, if you can offer a bit of inside scoop or helpful suggestions, please do. Sometimes the most useful reviews include a tidbit of information you can’t find in the basic contact information.
Negative reviews are as important as positive ones, but please review responsibly. Your opinions are generally protected under the law, but reviews containing false information or information that can be construed as libel or slander are your responsibility and be very careful in posting information that could negatively effect the future of a business (read more here).
In no event should the recommendation be made by the owner, co-workers, a relative, or anyone else with a financial interest in the business or product. Any other personal ties (friendship, former business relationship, etc.) should be made clear in the post.
If you want to make a recommendation, please ask yourself these questions first to determine whether you have a conflict of interest:
1) Do you have a financial tie with the business? (if yes, you cannot post a recommendation)
2) Have you actually tried the product or service? (if no, you don't have a recommendation to make)
3) Is the owner of the business a friend? (if yes, you must state this)
4) Is the owner of the business a relative or co-worker? (if yes, you cannot post a recommendation)
5) Have you posted in the last year? (If it's an unsolicited recommendation you can only give a "shout out" once a year.)
* ACCEPTABLE: "I'd like to put in a good word for the people at the Personal Touch Bookstore. I've been searching for years for an out-of-print book I loved as a child, and these guys not only tracked it down for me, but also gift-wrapped it beautifully for my child. Let's all support this wonderful local resource! (I don’t have any ties with the business--just a happy customer)."
* ACCEPTABLE: "A new bakery just opened on my block, and the food is delicious! The owner is my husband's best friend, but I'd eat there even if we were sworn enemies. It's called The Good Post Cafe--check it out!"
* NOT ACCEPTABLE: "Hi everyone, I'd like to announce that I've invented the world's best sling, and it's now available in local stores and online. Order your Backsaver 2000 today!"
* NOT ACCEPTABLE: "Has anyone else noticed how great the food is at that new Canadian Cuisine restaurant? Whoever owns that place is doing a wonderful service for the neighborhood--the macaroni and cheese is the best around!" [In reality, the restaurant is owned by the poster's mother-in-law, and the poster actually finds the food disgusting.]
If your review would be a conflict of interest and you can't post (and members abusing our review privileges will be removed), support PSP and have the business advertise with us).
Park Slope Parents reserves the right to remove reviews and comments that it finds to be objectionable, unfairly biased, personal attacks, airing of dirty laundry, or bigoted. We may also require you to post the review to the PSP Advice Group before including it on the website.