- Parent Category: Advice - Childcare and Education
- Category: Nanny 101, Help with PSP Nanny Posts
If you want to post a message to our PSP Classifieds, here's what's required to making it happen.
NOTE: WE HAVE STREAMLINED OUR PROCESS (March 2014)
- You must be a member of Park Slope Parents (join HERE).
- You must be a member of the PSP Classifieds Yahoo Group (sign up HERE).
- ONLY First Hand Recommendations are allowed (You may not recommend a relative, friend, someone who worked for someone else or yourself. You may not post for a friend’s nanny).
- Posts are allowed every two weeks (max 12 posts per nanny per calendar year). (Combine the recommendations for extra credibility).
- Nationality is NOT allowed in the subject line.
- You must agree to INTEGRITY POLICY (*see below).
NOTE: Nanny posts take up to 36 hours to screen and approve (longer on weekends).
CUT AND PASTE the template below and fill in ALL the *REQUIRED information:
- NOTE: format your email in the following way: johndoe [ at ] gmail.com
- Failure to include your email in that format will result in Yahoo cutting/ abbreviating it.
*I AGREE TO THE INTEGRITY POLICY*
IS Willing to work on the books (OPTIONAL)
When you “Agree to Integrity Policy” you agree that:
- Your post is an honest representation of your experience with the nanny, not a fabrication or misrepresentation. You attest that what is written is true. (For the sake of the next employer, keep it real).
- You will not forward responses to the recommendation directly to your nanny. You agree to contact the individuals who respond and give your recommendation and let them decide whether to contact your nanny.
- You understand that violations to this agreement may result in you or your Nanny's name being publicized to the membership for their violation and your membership suspended.
When you agree to the Integrity Policy, the following message will be appended to the beginning of you post: "This poster has agreed to the Park Slope Parents Integrity Policy, asserting that this post represents the employer's actual experience with the Nanny. To view the policy, please click here: http://bit.ly/10OvxIO."
NOTE: False recommendations are a Class A misdemeanor known as “False Advertising”, punishable by up to a year in jail, under Section 190.20 of the New York State Penal Law which states in pertinent part “a person is guilty of false advertising when, with intent to promote the sale or to increase the consumption of property or services, he makes or causes to be made a false or misleading statement in any advertising…”
IF you agree to these statements, add "AGREE TO INTEGRITY POLICY" on the first line of your email.
HERE IS WHAT A COMPLETE RECOMMENDATION SHOULD LOOK LIKE:
I AGREE TO THE INTEGRITY POLICY
Name: Mary Poppins
Dates Worked: 1/2012-February 2013 Part-time.
Availability: Full-time starting NOW.
Email: maryppoppins [@] gmail.com
Name: George Banks
Email: Georgebanks [@] gmail.com
Mary is a wonderful person and a great nanny. She gave my son a lot of love! It is my pleasure to recommend Mary for full-time employmentstarting NOW. She was with my son from 3-months-old to two-years-old. She is punctual, professional, warm, and knowledgeable. She was NEVER late, brought my son home happy from outings, and put me at ease when she was with him. She performs light housework.
Keep a copy for your records!
And don't forget, Nanny posts take up to 36 hours to screen and approve (longer on weekends).
Melissa and Susan
The PSP Nanny Moderators