- Parent Category: Advice - Childcare and Education
- Category: Nanny 101, Help with PSP Nanny Posts
If you want to post a message to our PSP Classifieds, here are the steps to make it happen.
THE SHORT STORY:
PSP uses a moderated email group format. Once you join the PSP Yahoo! Classifieds List, you can send your recommendation to the group. There is a dedicated moderator for nanny posts who will closely review the message to ensure it meets our requirements. If your recommendation does not meet our requirements, it will be rejected for you to correct. Please allow 24-36 hours for each review. Once approved, the message will be posted to the PSP Yahoo! Classifieds list under your email. Replies to your post will go directly to you as author of that message.
THE LONGER STORY:
Here's a more detailed explanation...
- Join Park Slope Parents and become a member of PSP Yahoo! Classifieds List.
- After completing step 1, send your recommendation following the requirements provided below to the PSP Yahoo! Classifieds List by emailing . We don’t post a message ‘for you.’ Instead, you post it so people can easily reply to you. We recommend you send from your own email rather than from the Yahoo! web interface so you have a copy of your message in your sent items. Please note that the message will be posted with the subject line you give it.
- After completing step 2, please wait patiently for your message to be approved. PSP has a special nanny moderator who will review your message in 24-36 hours. There is no need to send it twice, or email the nanny moderator during this waiting period. Once you send it your message will be “pending approval.”
If all is well, it will be approved. If rejected, you will receive a reject message from the moderator. Please check your spam, it likes to hide there. Fix any issues and review the template provided below carefully. Then resend it to the group email not the email address that sent you the reject with the –owner in the address or the nanny moderator - this will just slow the process down as you will be asked to send it to .
- Once approved, your message will be delivered to approximately 5,000 PSP members on the Classifieds List. It will show up as either an individual message or in the ‘daily digest.’ It also lives in the archives on the Yahoo Group for people looking for a nanny to search. NOTE: If you yourself are receiving individual emails you won’t get your message sent back—it’s a whacky Yahoo thing. You can also search for your message using these instructions.
- Reposts are allowed once every two weeks if needed. Put a note on your calendar to repost your message after the two weeks are up (or sign up to a services like nudgemail/boomerang to prompt you). Note that we only allow 12 posts per year, per nanny - regardless of who is posting. Sometimes we find that previous employers are also posting about your nanny, so find out if there are past recommenders to double the impact by including two recommendations (get their permission first).
Here is the checklist to getting your nanny post approved:
□ Use the template PSP provides, see below
□ Agree to the Integrity Policy, see below
□ Double Check your subject line and add [CHILDCARE]
□ Format your email in the following way: johndoe [ at ] gmail.com (failure to include your email in that format will result in Yahoo cutting/ abbreviating it.
□ Send your updated post to (Do NOT reply to this message; it won’t go to the whole group)
- Only first hand recommendations are allowed.
- No posting for a relative, friend, or yourself.
- You may not post on behalf of a friend’s nanny.
- Recommendations must be for a nanny who you employed within the last 5 years.
- Posts are allowed every two weeks (max 12 posts per nanny per calendar year).
- Combine a nanny's previous employers' recommendations for extra credibility - but get their permission first!
- Nationality is NOT allowed in the subject line.
- Nanny posts take up to 36 hours to screen and approve (longer on weekends).
- Once your post is approved, PSP will NOT notify you. For instructions on how to find your post, please go here: http://bit.ly/1hNTbde
- Wondering why we require all of this? Read this: http://bit.ly/1NNiyhV
Okay, here's how you get started:
CUT AND PASTE the template below and fill in ALL the *REQUIRED information.
*I AGREE TO THE INTEGRITY POLICY*
*Dates Worked (from: mo/yr to: mo/year):
*Work Details (e.g., part-time, full-time, occasional - if this has changed over time please explain…)
IS Willing to work on the books (OPTIONAL)
RECOMMENDATION: [PUT YOUR RECOMMENDATION HERE]
*What is the Park Slope Parents Integrity Policy?
When you “Agree to Integrity Policy” you agree that: Your post is an honest representation of your experience with the nanny, not a fabrication or misrepresentation. You attest that what is written is true. (For the sake of the next employer, keep it real). You will not forward responses to the recommendation directly to your nanny. You agree to contact the individuals who respond and give your recommendation and let them decide whether to contact your nanny. You understand that violations to this agreement may result in you or your Nanny's name being publicized to the membership for their violation and your membership suspended.
When you agree to the Integrity Policy, the following message will be appended to the beginning of you post: "This poster has agreed to the Park Slope Parents Integrity Policy, asserting that this post represents the employer's actual experience with the Nanny. To view the policy, please click here: http://bit.ly/10OvxIO."
NOTE: False recommendations are a Class A misdemeanor known as “False Advertising”, punishable by up to a year in jail, under Section 190.20 of the New York State Penal Law which states in pertinent part “a person is guilty of false advertising when, with intent to promote the sale or to increase the consumption of property or services, he makes or causes to be made a false or misleading statement in any advertising…”
IF you agree to these statements, add "AGREE TO INTEGRITY POLICY" on the first line of your email.
Here is what a complete recommendation should look like:
I AGREE TO THE INTEGRITY POLICY
Name: Mary Poppins
Dates Worked: (from: mo/yr to: mo/year): 1/2012-February 2013
Work Details (e.g., part-time, full-time, occasional - if this has changed over time please explain…): Full-time
Email: maryppoppins [@] gmail.com
IS WILLING TO WORK ON THE BOOK
Name: George Banks
Email: Georgebanks [@] gmail.com
Mary is a wonderful person and a great nanny. She gave my son a lot of love! It is my pleasure to recommend Mary for full-time employment starting NOW. She was with my son from 3-months-old to two-years-old. She is punctual, professional, warm, and knowledgeable. She was NEVER late, brought my son home happy from outings, and put me at ease when she was with him. She performs light housework.
SEND TO: ."> . Do NOT reply to the email with the -owner in the address or the nanny moderator with your updated recommendation. This will just slow the process down as you will be asked to send it to ."> .
Keep a copy for your records!
And finally - don't forget, nanny posts take up to 36 hours to screen and approve (longer on weekends). PSP does NOT let you know if your post was approved. You can find out if your message went through by following these steps here: http://bit.ly/1hNTbde
Don't forward ISO posts
Please remember it is against PSP policy to forward ISO posts directly to your nanny/babysitter or for nannies to directly contact potential employers. Communication needs to be from parent to parent, member to member and any recommendations for childcare must be based on FIRST HAND experience by the employer only. PSP is built on a community of trust and transparency and we thank you in advance for maintaining the community spirit.
Want more information about helping your nanny find a job? Go here: http://bit.ly/1eKOIp5
Melissa and Susan
The PSP Nanny Moderators