- Parent Category: Advice - Childcare and Education
- Category: Nanny 101 , Help with PSP Nanny Posts
If you want to post a message to our PSP Classifieds, here's what's required to making it happen.
FIRST and FOREMOST: You must be a member of Park Slope Parents to post your nanny's availability. To join you must be a parent in Brooklyn. To post about your nanny you must have first-hand experience working with the nanny (as a nanny) you are posting about in order send a message. JOIN Here (NOTE: The process will take 24-36 hours as joining you to the Classifieds is a separate process from becoming a member).
POLICY FOR NANNY POSTS TO THE PSP CLASSIFIEDS (Updated NOVEMBER-2013)
NOTE: These guidelines help screen inaccurate and fake references that have led to wasted time and energy for all parties. It helps us control the quality of recommendations and act as a filter for unwanted, unsubstantiated advertisements on Park Slope Parents. The best way to find your nanny a job is to take the extra time to do it right. Please go over the checklist, and double check your post, to make sure it meets ALL of the following requirements.
(NOTE: Given the extra work it takes to approve these posts we have a dedicated moderator who handles these. It can take from 24-36 hours to post and if your post does not meet the requirements you should receive an email rejection -- check your spam-- so you know it hasn't posted).
- ONLY First Hand Recommendations are allowed (You may not recommend a relative, friend, someone who worked for someone else or yourself. You may not post for a friend’s nanny.)
- Posts about any nanny are only allowed every two weeks & capped to 12 posts per calendar year (unless something important has changed). (If there are other employers who want to post, combine the recommendations for extra credibility).
- No nationality allowed in subject line
- You must agree to INTEGRITY POLICY (see below)
- You may be required to speak to or Skype with a PSP representative to verify the information you are trying to post. (This is especially true of new PSP members)
CHECKLIST FOR NANNY POSTS
Information about YOU:
- YOUR First/Last name in the signature
- YOUR EMAIL in the following formatted way: johndoe [ at ] gmail.com (Failure to include your email in that format will result in Yahoo cutting/ abbreviating it).
- YOUR PHONE. (If you are not willing to act as a reference and take inquiries, you should not use the Classifieds to post a babysitter recommendation.). If you are uncomfortable with a phone, indicate so and we will edit out.
Information about your Nanny:
- NANNY'S First/Last name (plus any other names if you know them).
- Time Period worked including what years (e.g., Spring 2010-Fall 2012)
- Situation worked (full-time, nanny share, kids, kids' ages)
- Availability (days/hours)
- On the Books? On the Books? [Optional] If your nanny is willing to be paid on the books it is a great time-saver for people who are looking for this situation. (It is NOT a good idea to point out a nanny wanting or being willing to be paid OFF the books)
- Your reasons for recommending
- Include in SUBJECT line
- Add [CHILDCARE] to the SUBJECT link (and keep it short cause Yahoo! cuts you off if you go over 50 characters of subject text)
Add “Agree to Integrity Policy”* to the first line of the message if you agree to the terms below.
*Integrity Agreement (by resubmitting and adding “Agree to Integrity Policy” you agree that:
- Your post is an honest representation of your experience with the nanny, not a fabrication or misrepresentation. You attest that what is written is true. (For the sake of the next employer, keep it real).
- You will not forward responses to the recommendation directly to your nanny. You agree to contact the individuals who respond and give your recommendation and let them decide whether to contact your nanny.
- You understand that violations to this agreement may result in you or your Nanny's name being publicized to the membership for their violation and your membership suspended.
- When you agree to the Integrity Policy, the following message will be appended to the beginning of you post: "This poster has agreed to the Park Slope Parents Integrity Policy, asserting that this post represents the employer's actual experience with the Nanny. To view the policy, please click here: http://bit.ly/10OvxIO."
NOTE: False recommendations are a Class A misdemeanor known as “False Advertising”, punishable by up to a year in jail, under Section 190.20 of the New York State Penal Law which states in pertinent part “a person is guilty of false advertising when, with intent to promote the sale or to increase the consumption of property or services, he makes or causes to be made a false or misleading statement in any advertising…”
IF you agree to these statements add "AGREE TO INTEGRITY POLICY" on the first line of your email.
Read through the information on How To Find Your Nanny A Job from the PSP Website: bit.ly/UQzUMp.
Melissa, Susan and Dale
The PSP Nanny Moderators