- Working Parents
Nanny Hiring & More
- 2014 Hiring A Nanny Book **NEW**
- The Nanny Work Agreement
- Helping Your Nanny Find a NEW Job
- How to Post for your Nanny on PSP
- Requirements for Nanny Posts
- Firing a Nanny
- Nanny Surveys (2008-2013)
- Paying a Nanny On The Books
- Nanny Payroll Quick Start Guide
- 2014 PSP Guide to a Successful Nanny Share
- Information for Nannies
- Nanny Calculator
Parenting Advice & Tips
- Parenting BIG Stuff
- Classes & Activities
Childcare, Education and Summer Camps
- Travel Advice
- Parents of Tweens
- Seperated, Divorced and Single Parents
- Single Mothers By Choice
- Resources for LGBTQ Parents
- Slope Resources
- Reviews Recommendations
- Help Overview
- Membership Help
- Joining Help
- Groups Help
- Email Help
- How to Advertise on PSP
- How to Place a Commercial Post on PSP's List Serv
- How to Place a Run-of-Site Ad
- How to Place a Category Banner
- How to Send a Dedicated Email to PSP Members
- How to Join the PSP Membership Perks Program
- How to Add your Logo to your PSP Recommendations Listing
- PSP's Advertising & Editorial Disclaimer
- Business Help
- Website Help
- Important Member Communication
- Category: Membership
Want to join the Park Slope Parents?
Park Slope Parents is open to expectant parents and parents with children of all ages in Park Slope, Brooklyn, New York and the surrounding neighborhoods. Park Slope Parents maintains several members-only Yahoo! Groups, pregnancy, baby groups, specialty groups and a publicly accessible web site. For a full list of all the groups available to Park Slope Parents members, go HERE.
We also help organize local family events such as the Spring Fling, an Easter Egg Hunt, clothing swaps, the Halloween Parade and also parent evenings like career networking nights.
Check out our Photos!
The key benefit is that you have access to parents who have pledged to support one another. We are a large and diverse group of parents with many different experiences. If you have a question or issue, chances are that many other member s of our group have dealt with the same or similar issues before you. We are here to help each other by providing information, support, and suggestions. In addition, membership gives you:
- Access to Park Slope Parents archives, where you can find discussions on many topics
- Access to our over 90 groups, including pregnancy, baby, advice, classifieds, language groups and more.
- The PSP Perks Program, which gives special deals, discounts & offers with businesses around Park Slope. PSP offers 500 discounts and more are added bi-monthly. You can see a list of participating businesses HERE.
1. Sign up as a new member on our membership site and be sure to tell us which groups you want to join (Parenting, Classifieds, Networking).
- The Parenting/Advice group is where to find advice on everything from parenting to plumbing. Find out more here.
- The Classifieds is our buy/sell/trade/stoop sales/nannies/housecleaners/rentals group. Find out more here.
- The Career Networking group can help you with your floundering or flourishing career. Find out more here.
Want to join one of our Pregnancy or New Parent groups? Once you sign up and get approved go to "GROUPS" and find the group(s) you want to join based on date of birth/ due date and you'll be joined. Questions? email .
We also have Specialty groups such as Language groups, fertility groups, Dads' groups, SAHMs, and more! HERE is a full list of our groups.
2. We'll review your application within 24 hours.
3.Once accepted, you'll receive an email asking you to pay your dues. Our annual membership fee is $35 and includes access to the three lists as well as all the other perks of membership. Discounts are available for multi-year memberships.
4. Once you PAY your membership fee (which includes discounts at over 500 local businesses and services), you'll receive invitations or be added to the groups you requested. Please check your spam/junk folder as many systems block these messages. (At this point it's not an automatic process-- but we're working on it!).
THERE ARE ALSO OTHER WAYS TO STAY CONNECTED
1. Follow us on Twitter!
2. Like us on Facebook!
READY TO BECOME A MEMBER OF PSP? GET STARTED BY CLICKING HERE!