- Working Parents
Nanny Hiring & More
- 2014 Hiring A Nanny Book **NEW**
- The Nanny Work Agreement
- Helping Your Nanny Find a NEW Job
- How to Post for your Nanny on PSP
- Requirements for Nanny Posts
- Firing a Nanny
- Nanny Surveys (2008-2013)
- Paying a Nanny On The Books
- Nanny Payroll Quick Start Guide
- 2014 PSP Guide to a Successful Nanny Share
- Information for Nannies
- Nanny Calculator
Parenting Advice & Tips
- Parenting BIG Stuff
- Classes & Activities
Childcare, Education and Summer Camps
- Travel Advice
- Parents of Tweens
- Seperated, Divorced and Single Parents
- Single Mothers By Choice
- Resources for LGBTQ Parents
- Slope Resources
- Reviews Recommendations
- Help Overview
- Membership Help
- Joining Help
- Groups Help
- Email Help
- How to Advertise on PSP
- How to Place a Commercial Post on PSP's List Serv
- How to Place a Run-of-Site Ad
- How to Place a Category Banner
- How to Send a Dedicated Email to PSP Members
- How to Join the PSP Membership Perks Program
- How to Add your Logo to your PSP Recommendations Listing
- PSP's Advertising & Editorial Disclaimer
- Business Help
- Website Help
- Important Member Communication
- Parent Category: Help
- Category: Membership Help, Email Help, Help with the PSP Email Groups (Yahoo!), Yahoo Help
Here is a rundown of why you might not be getting any emails.
- Once you've paid your membership fee, we will send you invites to join the PSP groups you requested within 24-36 hours. If you indicated in your application that you want to be on both our Discussion/Advice and Classifieds lists, you should receive emails either adding or inviting you to join the lists.Follow the instructions in the email and you'll start receiving messages within 24 hours.
6 reasons why you might not be getting any emails
1. YOU HAVEN'T PAID YET
If you haven't followed the instructions to pay your membership fee, your membership hasn't yet been activated. Follow the instructions and once you've paid, we'll add you within 24 hours.
2. YOU"VE NOT RESPONDED TO AN INVITATION EMAILS
If you've paid your membership fee but haven't received the "invitation" emails, they may have been caught in your spam filter. Check your spam folder and respond to be added.
3. YOUR MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED
There's a chance that we sent renewal notices to an email address connected to your membership account that is not related to your Yahoo membership emails. If that's the case, your membership expired and you are no longer on our Yahoo! Groups. Please log in to the membership site here renew your membership, and we'll get you back on the lists. It may take a few days.
Your email box may be full or nearly full and therefore the emails can't get through.
5. SPAM CONTROL
Emails may end up in your SPAM folder. You might want to modify your SPAM filter to accept any email with ParkSlopeParents or ParkSlopeParents_Classifieds in the sender name. Also, the online forum is currently moderated; the message you were looking for may not have been approved because it did not adhere to the forum's policies (in which case you’ll receive a reject message explaining why). Occasionally there are also the usual delivery problems associated with email.
6. YOU'RE A GMAIL USER & IT'S IN A DIFFERENT TAB
Are you a Gmail user? Members have been telling us that their Park Slope Parents emails have been ending up in the Promotions or Forum tab. Read MORE about this issue HERE.
As a background, we have over 100,000 emails on our PSP Yahoo! Advice and Classifieds Group so we decided to stay on that platform which is separate from our membership fee.This added step is part of the reason for the time delay.