Talking with kids about private parts.
Is six too young to have The Talk? Probably, but it doesn't hurt to try. Check out this wit and wisdom from Moms in Babeland.
One parent tries to understand "Princess" culture encouraged by Disney characters.
A Four Year Old’s Perception of Beauty
What happens when your own child never feels beautiful and obsessively seeks approval for perfection?
Pink, girls, dolls, bows. Blue, boys, trucks, dinosoars. Gendered stereotypes are all around us. How do you break these gendered characteristics?
- Parent Category: Parenting Advice
- Category: General Parenting Advice, Behavior and Discipline, Gender Issues
How do you grow a strong, confident girl?
- Parent Category: Activities Advice Articles
- Category: Indoor Activities For Yucky Days, Being a Parent, Gender Issues, Book & Movie Lists For Kids, Tweens and Teens
PSP members talk about books for young kids with a compelling father character.
- Parent Category: Advice - Activities
- Category: Book & Movie Lists For Kids, Tweens and Teens, Gender Issues
"My daughter has asked for books for her birthday. I am trying to find some books that highlight girls/women and all we can do. Or positive messages to help spread love and hope right now. There are so many (and some aren't that on point--Not all Princesses Wear Pink was disappointing)."
Here are what PSP members suggest...